Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Even a nice road has a little bump in it

On the road to recovery there are ups and downs, highs and lows and little bumps along the way. After my visit to GBC yesterday Monday 4-27, Dr Peter decided I need a little out patient surgery on an infected area. I have a 2 inch area on my scalp flap that is not perfect. Dr Peter will be able to remove the infected stuff and here is what I might end up with:
1. The amount of removal will be so small that he will be able to close my scalp together and no other work will be needed if the infection stays away. ( best choice here )
2. The amount of removal will be too great to close the scalp and they will have to give me a temporary graft (cadaver). After this graft heals and there is no infection, they will then get me back in there for a permanent skin graft procedure. ( Yes another surgery )
3. Dr. Peter said something with the words "Wound Vac" and I promptly offered him his favorite 6 pack and then upped it to a case if he would not do the "Vac" on my head. Hah. As you may remember I had a tube coming out of my head for a couple of weeks and that was the "Vac."
If the Vac goes on, this could mean 1-2 more surgeries after they decide to take it off.

Of all the linear inches of affected area on my head, 2 inches is not much. Things could be worse. Whatever I get, option 1 2 or 3, I will persevere, I will not get down, I will get through this.
This little bump will make me all the more thankful for when I can run my head under a hot shower and wash my head. Ah yes the simple things in life are wonderful. As you go though out your day please look for them and be thankful.
Please keep praying.
Take Care----------------Todd

3 comments:

  1. Love you Todd, praying and thinking about you a lot. Thank God that you are thankful.
    xokc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dear Todd. We're so sorry to hear of this "little" complication on this long road. We'll be praying.

    We love you. We love you. We love you.
    byron and lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Todd,

    I think of you every day. We will continue to pray for you and your family. I saw your mom and dad today! Life can be painful; our God is so good! Do you know how much we all love you?!

    oxo-Alisa

    ReplyDelete