Monday, April 13, 2009

Fasciocutaneous muscle rotation flap to scalp & Split thickness skin graft





Well now that's a mouthful. I just received the paper work for the surgery and that is what they are calling it. I did not explain the surgery in a the previous post exactly right and may never explain it right but basically they need to rotate some of my existing scalp and keep part of it connected at the same time. In my previous post I said they were going to lift up my scalp completely and then rotate it. The docs need to leave some connected tissue to keep it all healing and growing.
Here are some pics.
I think I did 5 push ups before calling it quits.
I tried to mow the lawn and made it a couple of laps around the yard.
Easter Sunday with family. Landon ( my sisters son) and Gracie my daughter with me in the back yard.
Cheers
Todd

4 comments:

  1. I don't think I could do 5 push ups :-)
    It's 3am LA time and I'm up with jet lag.
    Byron is snoozing... Nice to be in California again.
    Praying more and more healing.
    See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rids, I've loved reading blog...what a blessing! You look great Todd! You, Heather and the kids are in my daily thoughts and prayers.

    (neat to hear about the hyperbaric chamber too. I just learned about them in school and about how as a Respiratory Therapist I may have the opportunity to be on a "dive team" (as we call them) and go with patients into the chamber.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for your healing everyday! The blog really helps to see God's hand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so thrilled that you did Tony with the girls! You are a brave man. We'll be in town Friday, maybe I'll get to see you all. =D Keeping you in our prayers.
    -ashlee (stroud) grishaber

    ReplyDelete