Monday, April 6, 2009

Hurry up and wait. A mentionable Team.

A good evening to you all.
Today I had my head checked....no not that kind of check, you know, my big ol' rasberry on my head. Dr. Kirt removed my VAC and let me tell you, the medical world put duct tape to shame. Man that medical tape sticks well! I couldn't resist and asked to see the wound on my head. Interesting. It looks kind of like Austrailia or some other kind of island. ----Censor...Reading the following might make you quizy---- The edge of the wound, say a 1/4 of an inch border was red with a little blood, but the majority of the wound looked white. Dr. Kirt told me that I was looking at my Gabium (sp). He said it looked OK and was glad to not see any dark stuff but was not willing to plan any surgeries just yet. Doc. wants to keep the VAC on until Friday and then determine the next step. He wanted to see more...well let's just say more good stuff going on to take a skin graft. My fingers got about the same review, rewrapped till Friday. Yes I was hoping for a surgery date and was willing to go under the knfe right then and there but I need to be patient. Me, Patient?
Thanks Dr Kirt, Ruby and Lilly for your careful work.

Team. One of my favorite words. Yes this team I speak of was the Potter's Clay team I was priveledged to be part of while in Mexico. We were having such a good time until I had to go and ruin everything! ha. Folks let me tell you the Westmont college PC student volunteer is a special person. We had a lot of hard work to do and everyone had great atitudes and worked very diligently. We had a great time getting to know each other while working and visiting our favorite taco stand. We were led by Kelly and Evan who humbly and lovingly got us going in the right direction every day. Thank you two for your great leadership. I am also grateful to Rita, Julia, Natalia, Leanna, Christy, Tim, Reed, and Pay-kiss. Sorry bro you said to sound out your name like pay and kiss so that's how I worte it! hah. May the Lord bless you all. See you at the reunion. note....Almost forgot about the best co-construction leader a guy could ever have...Jim... and I thought that even before he saved my life on that roof!!

-----SPECIAL INVITE TO ALL-----
SANTA BARBARA COMMUNITY CHURCH will be having their Easter service at the UCSB Faculty Club Green, 9:30-11:00 a.m. this Sunday April 12th. Come at 9:00 am for some food and chit chat. This outdoor venue is wide open and beautiful. Bring a chair and or blanket or sit in the chairs provided. See you there?

Question for you: What are you passionate about?

Till next time. -----Mucho Gusto!----

2 comments:

  1. Hi Todd! Good morning from Portugal. We'll be traveling out into the countryside today to see Barbara at the "monastic, life-giving, eco-community" she started. http://www.mount-of-oaks.blogspot.com/ Then we'll be with the Matrix community back in the Lisbon area for Easter weekend. We'll get on the plane for the States on Monday. Can't believe it.

    Praying for continued healing/sending love :-)

    Byron and lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Todd,
    Glad you are doing much better,
    it's been lonely on the job sites, no one is yelling at me...... When you coming back to work?
    LOL
    You keep getting better
    Bill Cottriel
    Nargan Fire

    ReplyDelete