Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Todd tries to type.

Hey folks,
It would be an understatement to say that I am incredibly grateful for all of you. Your prayers and support have overwhelmed me to tears.
I sit here in my office Wed night after 24 hrs of being home. We have enjoyed great meals provided by you and made it home in time to watch Idol. We had a great time listening and judging the group, laughed, and smiled......I AM HOME!!! It feels great. Today I caught up a little in the office , took a nap and hobbled out to the mesa to watch my son fly his RC jet.
Friday I go back to the burn center for a look at my 3 fingers and Monday they look at my head. After that they will inform me of possible skin grafting surgery dates. Right now it is a waiting game, I have this VAC thing taped to my head. I look like a Sci-fi creature but hey, I AM HOME!
I want to acknowledge the great hospitals that worked on me. SDSU Hospital was amazing. When I got transferred from the Esanada ambulance to the SDSU rig/hospital it was like watching a INDY 500 pit crew and an orchestra at the same time. As I looked up I saw this amazing array of people and machines descending on me. I felt safe with them and will never forget the experience. My super cool Brother Jeff and wonderful wife Heather hauled me up to the Grossman Burn Center. a few days later. I am so thankful for this hospital and the entire staff. My nurses and Docs were some of the kindest people to meet. This staff cared for me flawlessly. I made many friends and really miss them.
I plan at some point to really pencil out this journey I am on but until my fingers and head get better, this will have to be the short version.
By many accounts I should be much more severely hurt or even dead. God obviously had other plans. Thank you all of you.
Todd
PLEASE NOTE---ALL ARE INVITED TO OUR HOME FRIDAY APRIL 3 FROM 5-7PM FOR A TODD IS ALIVE PARTY. Come for 5 minutes or 2 hours, we would love to see you.
5275 Louisiana Place
Santa Barbara 93111

8 comments:

  1. Todd,
    How great to hear from you! We are so thankful that your recovery is going so well and that you are truly "alive". Our prayers for continuing good days and may you enjoy your "party" on Friday. We wish we could be there to greet you.
    Love,
    Maureen and Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear from after these past, oh, 20 plus years :) My mom asked if you were the same Todd R. from Church of the Canyons, so that dates us way. too. much.

    So glad that things are going as well as they are! God is GREAT! Amen, Hallelujah!!

    We won't be able to join you in person at the party, but will be there is spirit. Count on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Todd! Welcome home! I wish I could see you tomorrow evening, however my roommate's rehearsal and rehearsal dinner is at the same time. But I'll look forward to seeing you soon! Everyone at homegroup has been praying for you and missing you lots!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Todd. Can we come over for a smaller version of the Todd-is-Alive-Party after we get back from Utah? We are so grateful to God that you are here on this earth, and that you are now home! I'm sure life looks different now, doesn't it? (Can't wait to see your cute sci-fi little beanie!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo glad to hear that you are home! We would be coming over tomorrow night if we lived closer. Todd, I have been praying for you and your family daily. Love seeing God at work! Much love,
    Alisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Todd!
    Writing your own blog now - WOW! I am so glad to hear your story and wish we could be there to say "we are so grateful you are alive" in person. We continue to pray for you daily! Susie 86

    ReplyDelete
  7. Todd, My sister and I have been following your recovery. We have been praying for you. It truly is a miracle how God works. We will continue to pray for you.

    You may not remember us. But it is Juli & Jodi Schultz (kindergarten thru 6th Grade) Then we moved to Texas. We are both in Plano, Texas now. I have shared your story with lots of people over the last few weeks. Truly for us it was uplifting and amazing.

    Juli Allison & Jodi Nelson

    ReplyDelete
  8. Todd, I'm so sorry I missed the party. I'm just catching up on the Blog again. Home is a good feeling yes?? John and I were serving at the YL Leadership dinner on Friday night so could not come. I will sneak over soon to see you!

    ReplyDelete