Tuesday, May 19, 2009

What kind of an anniversary present is this?


Today May 19th marks my 2 month anniversary of my injury date. Wow time flies by when your healing!
Ok, so what the heck in on my head. Little tiny bump in the road. Heather noticed that a 2.5 inch area of my flap was kind of mushy and full of fluid. I called GBC and they said to come down. dr. Kirt cut it open a little and tried to drain the area but not much came out. Good. He then proceeded to put my old friend, "chin wrap" back on for a week. I get to take it off before showers and then wrap it back up. Showers take a long time, don't they? say, 3-4 hours? hah. I need to keep pressure on that area and also absorb any fluid that comes up and that is what all the fuss is about. As I drove away I remembered it was my anniversary.
Kirt said not to worry, my head looks 97% good and refers to this little blip not even a 1/4 step backward. The wound looks great. I go back in a week and we will take the next step then. It was a great week or so of no wrap. This next week will make me even more thankful for an unobstructed head.
I knew they would do something to my head that would not be fun and I felt sorry for myself for about 10 minutes when thinking about it yesterday. I quickly snapped out of it and said to myself, "Bring it on". I will persevere. The alternative is just a whiny existence that no one wants to be around.
I leave you now gritting my teeth ( in a good way). I have been though 60 days of challenge, 7 more, no problem!!!
Over and out-------------------T
PS ---no "sorry you're all wrapped up again" comments. It comes with the territory. Be tough.

3 comments:

  1. "Chin Wraps" are all the rage these days! We miss you and think of you daily. Keep your chin up :)

    Love,
    Amanda, Fred and Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photo of our favorite chin-wrapped guy.

    It was SO good to be with you all Tuesday/Wednesday.

    We love and love and love you.

    byron and lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter just walked up to me when this picture of you in a head wrap was on my computer and she said, "Hey, he looks like one of the Knights of the Round Table!" (Monty Python's Holy Grail) When I took a second look with that comment in mind, I burst into laughter - she's right! ya kinda look like a young John Cleese with that goofy! facial expresion!

    ReplyDelete