Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Maui Jim Thank You and field report


I have been meaning to tell my little Maui Jim story for some time now. When the accident happened I was wearing my trusty 5 year old Maui Jim sunglasses. The shock and burn were not 6 inches from my eyes which received no eye injury in the incident. My sunglasses frames were slightly melted and I cracked one of the lenses when my face hit the deck. I was impressed with the performance of these glasses in this situation and in every other situation for the last 5 years. I sent off my glasses to MJ for repair and told them about what happened. I specifically told them that the breakage was my fault and I thanked them for making such good glasses that protected my eyes. I was ready to gladly pay for the repairs but the warranty dept ( Ryan ) had another idea. They sent me a complete new pair free of charge!! THANK YOU MAUI JIM. I was sold on MJ long before this accident but am now completely unwavering in my support for such a great company. Their customer service has ALWAYS been prompt and super fair.
So here's the plug-------Buy some MJ sunglasses and you won't regret the comfortable, crystal clear optics and cool style. Yes they cost a chunk but well worth it in the long run.
MAUI JIM MAUI JIM MAUI JIM MAUI JIM MAUI JIM MAUI JIM MAUI JIM

Field Report--------
Ok so I didn't really go to any field yesterday, I thought it sounded official and cool to say "field report". I did go my doctors office though. Ruby carefully unveiled my head and got it ready for Dr. Kirt to look at. I asked for some mirrors so I can survey the territory as well. I am no doctor but when I saw my head it looked...tight, neat and healthy. No gooey stuff. Actually it reminds me of a golf course with my skin grafts being the sand traps! hah. Dr. Kirt ( Kirt is really a PA but he is just too skilled and awesome to say just "Kirt") looked at my head and really liked what he saw. Healthy, no soft spots, no red spots. Yeah!! I was gearing up for another chin strapped head wrap but Kirt asked Ruby to put on a ( big technical term ) "Beanie." I was so happy I felt like hugging someone! Can't tell you how great it feels to be free of the chin strap drain tubed foamed up jobber.
As you may recall I had a tube going inside my scalp to help with drainage. Prior to my beanie wrap they removed the tube. Did it hurt? Dr. Kirt placed his finger just above the tube entry point and yanked it out of there! Honestly, I didn't feel a thing. Wew!
If the above is not good enough news I have more. Dr. Kirt said I should take my beanie off on Tues and have a full shower and wash my head. Thereafter I just need to keep some ointment on my scars and wrap it up if I go out. Cool! Did some one say "full shower"? This next shower will be my 5th full head to toe shower in over 50 days. I am excited. Remember my earlier blogs about being thankful for the little things? Yes I am thankful for this simple thing called a shower and maybe you will be thankful that I am having a full shower as well so you don't have to put up with the smell anymore! hah.
I am debating posting a picture of the real deal here on Wed or Thurs. I don't want to gross anyone out. I might give a little distance in the shot to lessen the look. Frankenstein and I make a good pair! hah.
Have a great day.......Until next time.....Todd

4 comments:

  1. Hey brother, you look mahvleous....looking forward to the day you rejoin us on Wednesday mornings. What about tomorrow? Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a second I thought you were going to post a pic of the next shower experience ... that would be a little too much sharing for the blog world! So glad you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Todd, you look gorgeous. I'm so happy for you to just have a beanie wrap now. And how exciting that you get to take a full shower soon! Woo hoo!

    My face had an allergic reaction to all that ridiculous tape on my nose so I've been downgraded to a small patch when I'm out. I have this funny little yellow ball sewed right onto my nose to protect the tiny skin graft. It looks like a little blob of yellow playdough on the side of my nose. I just cover it with a small gauze patch and tape if I go out.

    That's my news. Not as dramatic as yours, but at least I can say "skin graft" and act like I'm something special ;-)

    We'll see you soon.

    lisa (and byron)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Todd!!!! I am soooo glad to hear that you are healing well! I was unable to call you before graduation, but I want you to know that the whole PC core team is constantly thinking of you and praying for you.

    Hearing you talk about the Maui Jim sunglasses just brings a smile to my face and joy to my heart! Maybe I will have to look into purchasing a pair ;o)

    I will be in town on the 20's weekend in May (along with almost all of the core team for Teresa's--business manager--wedding. Let me know if I can do ANYTHING for you ;o)

    ReplyDelete