Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Good news, and "maybe not so good" news...

No more scrubs for Todd! The news came in yesterday that the awful twice-daily burn scouring will be replaced by "one gentle wash." Even that can feel bad on a burn, but this is great and welcome news. More good news is that the doctors feel that the only areas requiring skin grafts will be his head and, possibly, the bridge of his nose. This is also incredibly great news. We prayed that all of those chest, shoulder and arm burns would heal without surgery, and it's looking good.
So... the harder news is that the 4th degree burn on Todd's head is going to be a difficult challenge. The doctor says that electrocution burns are "complicated" in this area and pose some problems. His first grafting surgery is scheduled for tomorrow morning (Wed.). This will likely be the first of several surgeries.
Please pray specifically for:
-no infection, especially in the bones. The burn (size of large egg) goes down to Todd's skull;
-skill for the doctors, and peace for Todd and the entire Ridenour family

Again, if you would like to help, Heather is suggesting that the best way to help her, would be to help Jeff & Lori, specifically with a meal. If you would like to make a meal for the extended Ridenour clan (10), please contact Jill Baker, ajbaker@verizon.net.
Thank you all for being a loving and praying family! Todd & Heather have been overwhelmed by the love they have received from all of you, and are thankful most of all for the committed prayers!

13 comments:

  1. Todd,
    I know I'm posting these blogs, but it doesn't feel like I'm talking to YOU! I just want you to know that each and every day is punctuated by thinking and praying for you -- sun-up to sun-down. I wish I was close enough to bring you a Blenders every day. We love you, and can't wait to see you back in your own house surrounded with the chaos of kids, cats, friends and loved ones.
    In the meantime, praying for perfect healing...
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Todd,
    Really sorry to hear about your accident. Praise the Lord that you are receiving such great care. We will continue to pray for your speedy recovery and healing, and thay you and your family will sense the Lord's peace and presence in the days and weeks to come.
    God bless you Bro!

    Greg Jenkins

    ReplyDelete
  3. Todd and family,
    I'm so glad to hear that there is some good news for each day! Know that you are all in our prayers.

    grace solle (Potter's Clay VBS Director 2009)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Todd, you probably don't remember me, I went to Canyon with you and Jeff. When I heard about your accident I felt so badly for you and your family that I just wanted to let you know you have the thoughts and prayers of some "old" friends as you work through your recovery. Hope your surgery goes well tomorrow. Take care.

    ~tish gast benton

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying specifically as you've requested. I will also get the word out through my blog network of hardcore praying moms. I know the power of prayer (I'm waiting on a kidney transplant), and believe for your healing.

    Kelli Rush Bach
    Canyon Alumni

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry that I did not get to come and see you today. I have to say after seeing all the pictures, You look great!! Really! Prayers for your surgery tomorrow. Glad the scrubbings are over. Heather described the new washing as a gentle fluffing, which I loved. I pray that that is what it feels like. Think you might actually enjoy that - Steve would. Ha Ha Much love - Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Todd,
    I was setback when I heard about your accident, You are a fighter and will be back in no time at all, hope all goes well in the upcoming days.
    Bill & Dianna Cottriel
    & The Nargan Fire Family

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for you and sending thoughts of love your way. Seriously, if you need ANYTHING, I will be there. I will put a tent in your backyard if needed to be on hand.
    Love you guys,
    Ashlee Stroud Grishaber (and David)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Todd,
    We are sorry you had this terrible accident. We have never met in person but your continued support ot SOI means a lot to us. We are the SOI staff in Africa (Uganda). We believe in the God of miracles. Ps 136 "His love endures for ever". We are praying for you and your family.
    Baby Mitch & SOM Kampala

    ReplyDelete
  10. Todd,

    You have constantly been in my thoughts and prayers these past few days. So good to see your photo - I am thankful for you.

    Love,
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sending love again today from Tanzania. We speak of you and pray for you and love you. Then we speak of you and pray for you and love you some more.

    Right now, I'm thinking of you jumping the steps of VK on my mountain bike. So that was 1983 or '84. Are we getting old?

    Hugs and kisses from (Byron and) lisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Todd,

    So thankful for your life and the daily progress reports! Not a day goes by when I am not moved by what you have been through and lift you up in prayer. Read Psalm 41 this morning and thought of you...

    "Blessed is he who has regard for the weak. The Lord delivers him in times of trouble. The Lord will protect him and preserve his life. He will not surrender him to the desire of his foes. The Lord will sustain him on his sickbed and restore him from his bed of illness."

    You have been such a servant to the poor. It is as you have cared for the weak that this accident has happened. Wow! May the Lord restore you from your bed of illness. Praying for your surgery today. He is the great physician and He is good!

    Love,
    Vijay

    ReplyDelete
  13. Todd, I am praying for you and thinking of you in this horrible trial. I think about you and Heather all the time, even though I haven't seen you in ages. I am asking the body in Eugene, OR to pray for your pain and suffering. Love to you and the family, Susie Buie Noe

    ReplyDelete