Monday, March 30, 2009

Almost Home

Anyone who knows me knows that is a small wonderment that I am actually posting a blog myself...I know Bonnie is surprised, to say the least. Bonnie, thank you so very much for all your informative postings. Todd and I are both very grateful that you stood in the gap for us while we were both in the hospital so much....and thankfully that is about to change!!!

Todd is scheduled for surgery tomorrow morning to take a look at the healing work that the "vac" has done, retest for staff in the wound to the head and set up a new portable vac for the rest of the time he will need it at home. tonight on the phone Todd assured me that he will check out of GBC on Wednesday! The staff is always so impressed with the rate that his skin heals. Another provisional gift. I know Todd will miss the wonderful nurses and doctors that have taken such excellent care of him at Grossman Burn Center. He has been very happy there and has been the recipient of a lot of compassionate care. In a way it will be hard for him to say goodbye, but we can't wait to welcome him home! So thankful, Heather

2 comments:

  1. Heather! So wonderful to hear you voice as I read this tonight. It's my Tuesday night in Tanzania. We're pretty much all packed up. Byron leaves on the early bus for Nairobi so he can have an MRI done for his lower back before we travel. It's a good quality MRI and much less money than in the States. Then we'll know what's going on with all his pain and sciatica. The kids and I will take the afternoon bus to Nairobi and we'll all meet at the airport on Wednesday night. From there, 10 to catch up with everyone in Portugal and then we land in LA on 13th.

    We continue to pray for Todd and for all of you.

    Sending love from Tanzania. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. "10 DAYS to catch up in Portugal..." that is :-)

    ReplyDelete